Pigmentation Removal Treatment
Clear & Bright - Dynamic Pulsed Light Therapy
Looking to reverse signs of aging, and achieve flawless, radiant skin?
This Clear & Bright Skin Therapy uses Smart Power Delivery ‘SND’ technology which combines both IPL and Laser power source to target different skin concerns:
Safe and painless skin treatment with no downtime.
Fruit Peel Therapy
For those short on time, the peel can exfoliate superficial pigmentation, leaving the skin fairer and clearer in 30 minutes.
Skin is cleansed, followed by treatment with the fruit acid. After the peel has been neutralized, a facial wrap is applied to hydrate and tone the skin.
Zen and Clear BBL
Glowy Skin Treatment – the pigmentation treatment Singapore is designed to help achieve pigmentation lightening, bringing you one step closer to crystal clear skin
Cooling ultrasonic mist to hydrate the face followed by the Glowy Skin Treatment. Complete with a placenta mask and cryotherapy to infuse the nutrients into the skin.
Face Pigmentation and How to Treat it
Skin color is established by the pigment known as melanin. Sometimes pigment loss can occur, either temporarily or permanently. When this happens, the affected area is lighter in color than the rest of the body, which also becomes an aesthetic problem. This loss is due to either the melanocytes having stopped working and not producing melanin, or the melanocytes having been completely destroyed.
On the other hand, there can also be a case of hyperpigmentation where it happens the complete opposite and melanin is produced in excess in certain spots in the skin. Hyperpigmentation results in flat, dark brown to black areas of skin, which can vary in size and shape. These are the main cause why people seek pigmentation removal in Singapore to even their skin tone.
Like we mentioned there are two different types of pigmentation changes in our face either by excess or loss, so we will go through some of the main causes in both cases.
- Pityriasis alba: It is a very common disorder in children, but it can also appear in adults. It usually occurs on the face and arms, where the skin becomes redder and scaly. As the rash begins to heal, white patches appear in its place, which, thankfully, disappear over time.
- Infection: Fungal infections, such as pityriasis versicolor, can cause dry, scaly patches that are lighter in color than the rest of the skin and may also be itchy. According to dermatologists, they can appear anywhere on the body as with viral infections, for example chickenpox, which once cured can cause hypopigmentation.
- Scarring: when the skin suffers severe scarring, it is often accompanied by loss of pigment, which also becomes more susceptible to the action of UV rays. Therefore, without the necessary sun protection, these areas are at high risk of burning or even developing skin cancer.
- Exposure to sun: Sun exposure is the main cause of hyperpigmentation as sunlight provokes the production of melanin – causing skin discolouration (pigmentation). The reason for the increase of melanin (acting like the skin’s natural sunscreen) was to protect your skin from the adverse effects of the sun like harmful UV rays – and that is why people get suntanned. But too much of melanin will lead to hyperpigmentation.
- Hormones: Having changes in one’s hormones can bring about melasma, chloasma and hyperpigmentation, which is a very common skin condition that happen mostly to women. The overproduction of melanin (when female sex hormones like progesterone and estrogen are being stimulated) can cause dark spots. Some may also be genetic depending on their family history.
Best Pigmentation Treatment in Singapore
There is no doubt that there are many treatments for this cosmetic problem that affects many people on different scales. Most of them are non-invasive making them ideal for everyone.
- Facial peels – It is a method used to enhance the appearance of the skin on the face and neck. How it is being done is that an acidic or chemical solution is being applied onto the face that causes exfoliation and it peels off eventually. Afterwards, new and regenerated skin can be seen, bringing about smoother and clearer skin altogether. The treatment is so effective that it is being named as one of the best pigmentation removal treatments in Singapore.
- Laser therapy – These are usually aesthetic-medical treatments that uses focused light and intensity. This is more accurate as the aesthetic doctors can have more control on the light intensity during the procedure. Laser treatments’ intensity can be adjusted high (can pentrate deeper layers of the skin) or low (works on the surface layer) accordingly. One of such treatment would be laser skin resurfacing treatment, which is a popular treatment among aesthetic clinics.
- Creams – This is always the first go-to options because it is convenient and affordable, which helps with evening out the skin tone and it can be done in the comfort of your own home. However, as these are just simple surface treatment, so it will take a longer time (up to months) to notice visible changes.