What Skincare Can I Use To Lighten My Acne Scars?
While pimples are usually quick to show up and also quick to settle, many people notice that the red or brown scars left behind take several months to fade. These marks can cause more distress than the actual pimples themselves.
Furthermore, choosing skincare products for acne-prone skin can be a daunting process. Is a 10-step Korean skincare routine good, or are some of the products actually making the acne and acne scars worse?
At Healthsprings, we have a range of medical-grade skincare formulated with effective ingredients proven to reduce acne and skin irritation, as well as lighten post-acne pigmentation and scars.
- Clarifying cleanser contains alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA) which gently cleans the skin and unclogs pores, keeping skin clear and reducing acne formation.
- Probiotic cleanser rebalances the skin microbiome and reduces the undesired effects of P. acnes bacteria, limiting inflammatory damage and preventing acne outbreaks.
- Healthsprings face scrub is a triple action exfoliant that can be used once or twice a week to exfoliate dead skin cells, clogged pores, and impurities. It also contains natural antioxidant plant extracts of mulberry, licorice, and peppermint to brighten skin and reduce inflammation.
Antioxidant and UV protection:
When red, inflamed pimples are exposed to sunlight, UV damage causes the red marks to persist as pigmentation on the skin, even after the pimples have cleared. Therefore, UV protection is important to prevent acne scars.
- Vitamin C serum is a potent antioxidant serum which protects against UV damage and lightens blemishes. Cucumber extract and hyaluronic acid further soothe skin irritation and redness.
- Glow sunblock is a non greasy sunblock enriched with antioxidants to protect against UVA/UVB rays and prevent oxidative damage to the skin. It is a must use product to reduce the chance of developing post-acne marks and other forms of pigmentation.
Skincare that targets pigmentation:
Our signature glow serum and glow cream duo work in harmony to lighten pigmentation, acne scars, and blemishes – leaving clear, glowing, and radiant skin.
- Glow serum is ideal to treat dull, pigmented skin. It combines a mixture of gentle exfoliating acids to lighten pigmentation, botanical extracts to calm and rebalance skin, and natural moisturisers that promote skin hydration.
- Glow cream features resorcinol and arbutin, two ingredients proven to powerfully inhibit melanin production and lighten pigmentation.
It is also important to treat the underlying acne and prevent recurrence, in order to prevent new acne scars from forming.
Differin or Epiduo gel can be considered in consultation with our doctors.
Have you tried many different acne skincare products that are not helping with your acne?
Book a consultation with our friendly doctors to get to the root of your skin troubles.